Hindustani Classical Music is one of the many great contributions from india to the world of arts and culture. Mysore, the cultural capital of Karnataka, and the erstwhile capital city of Mysore Kingdom, has a legacy of patroninsing hindustani classical music. Many stalwarts like Ustad Faiyaz Khan and Ustad Adbul Karim Khan have performed in Mysore under the patronage of Maharajas. Swarasankula Sangeetha Sabha is an initiative to sustain this tradition of Hindustani Classical Music in Mysore region.
To nourish the tradition of Hindustani Classical Music in Mysore and sustain the interest so created by serving as a forum for organising music concerts and also disseminating knowledge related to hindustani music.
- To promote young and talented upcoming artists in the field of Hindustani music.
- To organise performances of the maestros of Hindustani Classical Music.
- To felicitate senior artists every year in recognition of services rendered by them to the cause of music.
- To organise workshops on different dimensions and themes in the field of Hindustani Classical Music. To build or strengthen capacities of young learners to appreciate and imbibe the nuances of hindustani classical music.
- To organise ‘Music Festivals’.
- To create a data bank on different aspects of hindustani classical music
- Organizing concerts to honor the memory and contributions of great artists.
Swarasankula Sangeetha Sabha
No. 1226, Gange Road, 3rd cross, G & H Block, Kuvempungara, Mysore-570023.
Phone : 09901902969
Contact Person : Dr. M.S. Bhaskar Email : firstname.lastname@example.org